Since the end of August, I’ve been using a water tracker to track my behavior and see what I could to to reach my daily water goals. I aim to drink half of my body weight which is about 65 oz a day and I have a 24 oz Contigo water bottle.
- It makes me feel so much more refreshed and energized when I drink water first thing in the morning. Mix in a little apple cider vinegar or fresh lemon juice (yassssssssssss), and I feel ready to take on the day. I’ve also played with filling up my water bottle before bed so that I’ll have it waiting for me in the morning.
- Of course, clear skin and all that great stuff. Adult acne is still not my friend tho.
- You get to see how major stresses in your life impact your eating and drinking habits. On days where I don’t track anything (assuming I just didn’t forget), I wonder what I drank instead and if I drank anything at all.
- I feel accomplished when I reach my goal–it’s the little things.
- The fact that drinking so much water forces me to use the bathroom A LOT, I am often tempted to just “study at home.” I’d rather not be at the library and worry about watching my stuff and disturbing my library mates every 30 minutes.
- I forget to clean my water bottle–not cute.
- It’s a lot to carry around.
Undoubtedly, the pros outweigh the cons. I don’t know for how much longer I will use the app, but I do find that it is extremely helpful given my current goals of monitoring my water intake. What do you all do to ensure you drink enough water?